Tuesday, July 24, 2012

well isn't that a treat

I found out some rather exciting news today. No, we still don't have a quote. But I know it won't be too far away. Fingers crossed I can come back to you by Friday.

But in the meantime I wanted to share this with you.

We found out a little while ago that because we are moving into an estate there will be body corporate fees. It was unfortunate to hear but over 12 months, for the two of us it totals $500. If my calculations are correct, that equates to $12.80 per person per month. The small amount covers what I thought was maintaining the parkland, wetlands, streets etc. It does, but it also covers more. Much more.
There is a leisure centre which is about a 5 minute stroll away from us and I have been told that we will have unlimited access to it. UNLIMITED from 5am til 10pm 7 days a week.
It has a gym, a heated swimming pool and even a tennis court. There are rooms you can hire out for free for an event. For example, say we want to celebrate Australia winning a record number of gold medals at the Olympic Games I could gather my friends in the common room and have a good time. We could wear Green and Gold and chant Aussie Aussie Aussie... I am getting off track I know. But this brings such a wave of excitement over me which I cannot contain. But wait, that's not all.
Can I get a drum roll please...........
There is a sauna!!!! I am sorry but that is just fan-friggen-tastic. Can't you just picture Swedish Emily with a white towel draped around myself and one on my head talking about fjords and IKEA with Swedish Matt.
Well I could leave you with that image but I thought I might leave you with this. It is another view from our area. This time of the wetlands facing the other side. There is a trail that takes you all the way along so you can ride your bike or go for a nice walk.
Well that's it from me. I really hope to have some exciting quote news for you real soon.

4 comments:

  1. Really good news. I picture my little WHITE Emily in her little white towel. Wetlands means birds birds and birds yaaay. Mumsy. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya das is good you could have little Swedish twins Helga and Sven and take them to the sauna! That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we will eat fish and be merry. Care to join us?

    ReplyDelete