Saturday, October 6, 2012

The laundry room reno DURING

Finally I am back.
This time to share some more laundry room photos.
It has come along way so far and is expected to be finished by next weekend.
Today the tiler has been. However, my camera on my mobile phone has turned terrible so all photos are now average at best. Not that they were great before.
But I thought I would share some "progress"  photos with you so you can see how we are travelling along.
Firstly I knocked all the tiles off all by myself. It was so much fun and if anyone is feeling a little frustrated and stressed, may I recommend taking tiles off a wall. It was so rewarding when you got one solid tile off.

Then the plumber came and removed the taps and closed them off so we could continue with the work. He is coming back Monday to install the new taps etc.
After he did that Matt knocked down the disgusting old cabinet that was there. Look at the treats we uncovered. BLAH!
 We then pulled the lino up and sanded the whole wall back . Talk about dust in rare places. We wore the proper protective gear, glasses, ear plugs and face masks yet got dust in our ears and up our nose. Also, there was a fine layer of dust on every single surface of the whole house, even after we taped the room up so nothing could get out.

Ah... look at that bareness. Delicious!
 Next up was painting time. Just in the areas where it was needed.
 Then Matt installed the new cabinet that we had made directly by the wholesaler and picked it up ourselves. This saved us a lot of money.



Please ignore all the uneven paintwork, the holes in the walls etc. We are covering the holes with either tiles or shelving and the archway around the door will be framed for a nice sharp finish.
Oh, and see in the bottom right of the photo, I kept some of the existing tiles. I am thinking about using them for free art. Will see how I go.
What do you think so far?


No comments:

Post a Comment