Sunday, October 7, 2012

We like to frame it frame it

On Friday 21st September we flew to Brisbane for a family wedding and didn't get home till Tuesday 25th September. In that time they built the frame.
Yes you read right, they BUILT THE FRAME. Who whips up the frame of a house over a long weekend? Our builders do!


Holy Toledo Batman. When our house came into view I squealed in excitement. This made it much more real.
After screaming and charging through our non existent front doors, our first stop was the bedroom where Matt was having a practice lay down in an up right position. As you do.
This is probably the thing I am most excited about (not the practice lay down, although, look how comfy and handsome he looks. I'm talking about the design). When he designed the house we had a relaxing master bedroom suite in mind. Nothing too big, but enough to hold our bed, two side tables, a chair and enough room to comfortably walk around without wasting space. We also wanted a walk in robe and an en suite with his and hers sinks. Plus I wanted natural light to put my make up on in the morning. I am happy to announce that this has been accomplished. The design was Matts genius creation. To see it come to life is so spectacular for me, so I can only imagine how he must feel to literally walk through his creative vision.
 

 Here is another lay out of the house, this time with carpet and tile features. This is wreaking havoc on my eyes so I apologise to anyone else who experiences this. Fingers crossed no one has a fit while looking at it. Hmmm, hope I am not liable if you do. GULP.
But see our own sinks. There is space in the middle for a chair to go under so I can do my make up under natural light. Aww shucks. Thanks Matt!
 Then just picture us going through each room practicing what we will do in them. Toilets, showers, lounge rooms, kitchens, garages, laundry rooms. You name the room, and we did a demo of how we would act in there. So I won't bore you with those photos.
Below is the view from the back yard, looking over the alfresco and into the kitchen/dining/lounge area.
Perhaps you can scroll back up and look at the plan to see how it is all coming together.


When these photos were taken there was still more to do on the frame but boy oh boy it is shaping up to be quite a house. Wouldn't you agree?

4 comments:

  1. Omg wow!!! Looking amazing!!! Soooo excited for u guys!! Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo looking good guys.. haha we had a pretend bath and a pretend poo in the pretend toilet its just a natural reaction. They really work unbeliveably fast you will be in before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, less than two weeks till lock up apparently. And in before Christmas. Fingers crossed anyway.

      Delete